Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Monday, January 30, 2012

Oregon Garden Stitches in Bloom Quilt Show

My friend,Paige and I went to the Oregon Gardens which is located in Silverton for the quilt show. I don't know if this is the 3rd year for the show but was my 1st time to it. The quilts were outstanding but the show was very disappointing. I have been to many quilt shows locally and nationally and have never been disappointed as I was of this show. The space for the show was terrible. They had quilts and vendors in a small building which made it very crowded and hard to see the quilts. The lighting was bad and you couldn't take flash photography. I have been to many of quilt shows that it wasn't a problem to use flash so was unable to take pictures of the quilts. It would have been almost impossbile to take a pictures anyway because of the crowded area to view the quilts. The description of the quilt were so small to read without reading glasses. The other building was smaller yet. The quilt show cost $10.00 which was high too. I wasn't disappointed in the quilts at all. I wished I could have enjoyed them more but it was to crowded. It was very disappointing and will never go to it again.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that the show was such a disappointment!! I was unable to attend because we were having our kitchen and dining room floor layed on Thursday and the floor man had to come back on Friday to finish. Took him all day. On Saturday my guild has a sew in where we did paper piecing and I had to go as I have the key to the Senior Center!!

    ReplyDelete