Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Quilt Retreat in Newport





The past weekend was the Winter Quilt Retreat in Newport by Greenbaum's in Salem. My friend, Paige and I went early on Thurs which we glad we did do to the weather. The retreat started on Friday-Sunday at the Shilo Inn. We went Hwy 20 from Corvallis to Newport which had alot of flooding along the river. We found out that we just made it to Newport before they closed it. The weather was rainy and windy all weekend except Saturday which was partly cloudy, slightly windy but no rain until the evening. I took a walk along the beach that day and found a great piece of driftwood. Thurs, we went to the Chowder Bowl for late lunch and then to Quilter's Cove quilt store. Friday we got set up in a big room to sew/quilt with about 76 quilters. We got a great table with a view of the ocean. We had a great 3 days of sewing/quilting. It was fun to work on our projects, watch several teachers give demos on different quilt projects and meet new quilters. I made sandwiches and soup for 2 lunches which enjoyed in our room with a oceanview. Saturday night, was dinner with everyone and they gave away gift baskets that you put your name in for different fabric baskets. I was lucky to win a basket called Whole Lotta of Love. It has fabric, patterns and books in it. I'm going to open it today. I did get a Christmas wall hanging kit and table runner kit done. I work on the binding on the last quilt I did on my short arm. Paige and I are going next year. I will post a few pictures of the retreat.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like you had a ton of fun. One of these days I will have to go on a retreat, would love spending the weekend with quilters!!! We are going to the quilt show at the Oregon Garden on Friday the 27th, that will be a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We DID have lots of fun! It will be even better now that we know what to expect. I got lots of ideas about "travel quilting". Ordered a travel ironing board online. Am very happy with it and even put it up in the sewing area so I no longer have the big ironing board up. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete