Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

International Quilt Show Houston TX 2011

I went to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX from Nov 1-6. This is the 2nd time to the festival with the last time in 2008. I knew what to expect this time and had a super time by myself. Here is an account of my trip to IQF.
Nov 1, 2011 We left home at 2:30 am to get to the airport by 4:00am. I flew Continental to Houston from 6:00am and arrived in Houston early 11:40am(12:08). I took the Super Shuttle to the Hyatt Regency(downtown). I shared a ride with a fellow quilter from Colorado Springs.Her name is Sharon Schlotzhauer and she had 3 quilts in the show.It was great to meet her. I arrived at the Hyatt by 1:30 and then headed to the Convention Center. It is a nice walk of about 8-9 blocks. The weather was sunny and warm/humid with temp in mid 80's. I got checked in to get my tote bag and commemorative program. I checked for classes but not much available. I signed up for a lecture with Cynthia England for the next day from 9-10. I walked over to the Houston Shops to have a Chick'Fil with waffle fries. This is a treat for me because we don't have any of these resturants in Oregon. I went back to the room for awhile and then took the quilt shuttle bus back to the convention center. I attended the "Academy Awards" 2011 WINNERS in QUILTS A World of Beauty from 6:00-8:00pm. This is the presentations of category awards which had 21(1st,2nd,3rd and honorable mention) and the majors prize winners which has 11 category. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment