Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

International Quilt Show Houston TX 2011

I posted a quilt in the previous blog that wasn't Melinda quilt. It is called Artichokes in Bloom which won Judge's Choice.
Nov.3 I was able to look at the quilts from 10-12. The quilts are amazing. I took alot of pictures but it was hard not to take a picture of every quilt. Some of the quilters were by their quilts to talk to everyone. I have a few pictures of them. After 2 hours of admiring the quilts I was ready for the lecture/luncheon with Marianne Fons. The lunch was a 2 course with Asian Panko Crusted Chicken salad, fresh bread, key lime tart and ice tea/coffee. The luncheon was to benfit the new Texas Quilt Museum. Her talk was "Why We Quilt". It was very interesting. I meet several quilters from Canada. After the luncheon, I went looking at the quilts and shopping.
I wanted to post pictures of the vendor and quilt area but are unable to at this time. We have been having trouble with our computer. I will try later to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment