Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Thursday, November 17, 2011

International Quilt Show Houston TX 2011




It was great to see the winners announced for the first time and their reactions. I sat by a fellow quilter Suzanne Kistler from Visalia, CA. She had a quilt in the show "Through the Waters" which didn't win a prize. She was a friend of Sharon Schlotzhauer that I meet on the shuttle ride. Sharon won 2 1st place awards in Art-Whimsical called "Really Wild Flowers" and 2nd place award in Art-Miniature for "America the Beautiful II". She had a quilt called "Uninvited Guest" in the Celebrate Spring! 2011 section. There is a article in the Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine about Sharon. It was an enjoyable evening for my first day. I was ready to get back to my room because I was very tired since I have been up since 2:30 am. I will post pictures of Sharon and Suzanne quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment