Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Thursday, November 17, 2011

International Quilt Show Houston TX 2011




Nov 2,2011 I attended a lecture by Cynthia England called "Making The Most of Your Stash. She lives in Dickinson TX and has a company called England Designs. She made you look at fabric at different angles for different designs and uses of color. I got a kit from her called For The Birds. I got another kit in Paducah called Life is a Beach. The class was an hour from 9-10. I wanted to get into Melinda Bula class which was Texas Bluebonnets but it was full. I found out in her blog she had about 3 people in the class give her a hard time about the way she teaches and they left the class. You go to a class to learn from the teacher not tell her how to do it better. She had a waiting list which I was one of them. I decided to bring a project to sew on from 10-12. They had a room set up with 20 Brother machines for sewing. It was great to have some place to sew for awhile. I worked on a Sew Oregon Shop Hop block from 10-12. I went over to show Melinda my Coneflower that I decided to bring to show her. It was near lunch break and was able to see her. She really liked the quilt and showed it to the class. She is a great teacher and person. I did buy the Sunflower pattern from her. Her husband Joe was there so it was nice to see her hubby. I went to lunch at Chick-fil-A and then back to the room for a rest. The VIP Preview for the Show opened at 5:00-10:00. I decided to look at the vendors and get some shopping done. I shopped for about 2 hours and then went back to my room. The Hyatt had Einsteins Bagel which had great turkey sandwiches. I will post 2 quilts that Melinda had in the show. She should have won an award but didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment