Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

International Quilt Show Houston TX 2011







Nov. 5,2011 This is tha last day of show for me. I has a Saturday Sampler from 10-12. It was held in the ballroom with over 28 different teachers. I went to 4 different teachers that interest me. 1) Wendy Butler Berns Stabilize Embellishing Stitches Sucessfully 2)Melinda Bula Cutting Garden Quilts 3) Deb Karasik Paper Piecing the Easy Way 4)Suzannne McNeill 10 Minute Blocks and Quick Tricks. I enjoyed the sampler. I went looking at the quilts and vendors until 12-2 which was the luncheon with Libby Lehman called Quiltx. It was about several Texas quilts. The luncheon had BBQ Chicken Salad, Bread, and Pecan Tart with ice tea/coffee. I meet quilters from everywhere and it was easy to talk to everyone. I went looking at the quilts and vendors and then went back to the hotel to rest. Ricky Tims concert was from 5:30-7:00 and then the Gala on the Green was from 7:00-9:00. Ricky show was fine but he did a better show in 2008 and at Sisters Quilt show. It was dark and cool for the Gala and the food was ok. I meet quilters from Wisconsin and a long armer from TX. The music was great with rock and roll. I did stay until 8:30 and then back to the hotel. I finished packing to leave Sunday Nov 6 to stay with Jan until Nov 9. I will post several pictures of the sampler and Ricky Tims.

No comments:

Post a Comment