Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Saturday, May 14, 2011

AQS Quilt Show and Contest in Paducah, KY




I was unable to continue with my trip to Paducah on Thursday because unable to get on blogspot and worked yesterday.
April 29 I worked from 9-11 as a hostess for the show at the Pavillon. I enjoyed watching the people and the quilts but couldn't show the backs of the quilts because of the way the quilts were hung(close together). I received a special hostess pin for volunteering. After lunch, I had a class called Pick Up a Pencil and Draw with David Taylor from 1-4. He taught to use simple line drawing technique to build a pattern. It was an interesting way to learn to draw.
April 30 I drove to Paducah without Wayne to go to my last class with David Taylor called It's Pointless Applique from 8:30-11:30. He had to demo the class because the church couldn't handle more than 5 sewing machine and 2-3 irons. He showed us his secret technique(Ying Yang) eliminates concave curves and buries hard to stitch points. We got to practice and got one of his kits. Most everyone got the Penquin pattern. He showed us his new quilt that is making to enter in the Houston International Quilt Show in Nov. It is a cat looking around a barn door called Marmalade. He has his goat quilt at class with us and his dog Maynard won an award at Lancaster. It was shown with the winners of Lancaster,PA at the Office Max. I will post some pictures of the class and his quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment