Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quilter's Affair Sisters OR

I got back yesterday from attending the Quilter's Affair in Sisters OR. I attended 2 all day classes on Thurs and Friday with Melinda Bula called Fabulous Fusible Flowers. The class was from 8:30-3:30 with an hour for lunch. Melinda's new fusible flower pattern "Zinnia". It is painting by number but with fabric and color value. She showed us how to do the Renegade Thread Play. There were 18 in the class with all different colors of zinnias. Melinda is a fun teacher. She had great stories to tell and wanted to make sure everyone got help and to feel at ease in the class. She told everyone this isn't a race and that everyone will be at different levels at getting their zinnia done. She had several of her quilts to show us. I really loved the class and have booked a class with her in Houston. I will posted pictures of the class and my zinnia so far this week.
We stayed at a KOA Redmond/Madras for 3 nights(July 6-9) It was a great campground but I didn't realize how far it was from Sisters. Wayne and Maddie took me to class both days. They went to lake and shopping at Lowes and Home Depot. It was HOT on Wed but cooled down to the high 70's low 80's. It has always been hot when we have been in past years. We didn't go to the Quilt Show yesterday because we had the 5th wheel and would have to park a long way for the show. I mainly went this year for the class with Melinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment