Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy National Quilting Day and Happy Spring

The National Quilting Day was established in 1991 to educate and teach everyone about the love of quilting. It has been 9 years since I took my first quilting class at Grandma's Attic in Dallas, OR. We moved to Dallas 10 years ago this June from Denver,CO. I'm so glad I took a beginner class to learn how to quilt and fell in love with quilting. It has been so much fun for me to create and be creative in making something out of fabric. I took home eco in junior/high school which was required in my school days. I learned how to sew but had a hard time with making clothes. My Mom would make wonderful dresses for me but I never got excited about making clothes. I wish my Mom could see all the quilts and table runners I have maded now. My grandmother had a treadle sewing machine and made quilts. I do have 2 quilts that she made but wish I had her sewing machine. I have taken several quilt classes and got a short arm quilt machine. My goal for this year was to take alot of classes and go to Paducah and Houston. I will turn 60 on April 24 and to celebrate I wanted to have a Quilting Celebration. Quilting is a huge part of my life and I love it. I have some many quilting projects but like the saying says Some Much Fabric So Little Time. Happy Quilting Day and Happy Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment