Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Monday, November 1, 2010

Camping trip to Bullards State Park Bandon OR







Last week, we went camping at Bullards State Park in Bandon,OR for 3 nights (Monday-Thursday). There were several storms coming in over the weekend and Monday. We got to see the best storm watching with rain,wind and HUGE WAVES along the coast. Wayne, Dad and Maddie came in the pick-up camper and drove the VUE. I took my time getting to Bandon by stopping at the Factory Outlets in Lincoln City, Fred Meyer in Newport and Florence and 3 quilt stores. I stopped at the Quilters Cove in Newport and Wenz-daze Quilters Emporium in Florence. I went shopping at Forget Me Knots in Bandon. I found a cute beach materical in Florence and Bandon. We stayed in the campground with me in a yurt and the guys in the pickup camper by the yurt. Monday night we had a wind,rain, and thunderstorm come in at 11:00pm. You could hear the storm coming with lighting and thunder in a distance. It was very intense when it hit us with alot of rain,wind and huge crashing lightning and thunder that felt like it would hit you. It was nice to hear a warm yurt to sit in and eat our meals. We went over to the south jetty to watch the waves which were 20-25 ft high. Tuesday, we went to the beach and saw huge waves throwing HUGE LOGS around the beach. It was amazing. We went to see Sunset Beach State Park, Shore Acres State Park and huge rocks with seal lions and seals on them. You could hear them. We had a great campfire that night. Wednesday, the guys/Maddie went fishing on the Coquille River and I went shopping in Bandon and working on my binding on my fall quilt wall hanging. Dad caught a coho salmon 25" long and 15-16lbs. It was a naive salmon so couldn't keep it. We went out to eat in Bandon that night. We headed home on Thursday with me leaving early at 7:45 and guys later. We had a wonderful time camping and see a wild storm on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment