Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year 2014

Welcome to a New Year 2014. Last week was the 1st full week of the New Year and I wanted to post my goals for this year. I have several quilting activites planned for the year. Next week, Paige and I are going on our 3rd annual Greenbaum's Winter Retreat in Newport. We leave Thursday and the retreat starts Friday-Sunday. There are 76 quilters in a huge room with a oceanview working on their projects. The staff at Greenbaums have mini demos on different projects. It is a fun weekend with other fellow quilters and to get our projects done. I will post more after the retreat. I'm going to the Home Machine Quilt Show in Salt Lake City in May for 5 days. I signed up for several classes and may possible enter a quilt in the show. I will get to visit with my friend,Cindy that I meet at MQX. She lives in the Salt Lake City area. I plan to go to the new show by Quilts Inc in August called Sew Knit Quilt. This is a premier in Portland that will be held every year.I can't wait to see what classes will be offered this year. The catalog will come out in April. I plan on going to the Northwest Quilt Expo in Portland this Sept. I hope to take some classes and possible enter a quilt. That is a few of the activites planned for this year. My goals are: 1) Take classes to learn new ideas for quilting 2) Attend Quilt Shows(local) 3) Mid Valley Quilt Guild Secretary 2013/14 and 2014/15 4) Mid Valley Quilt Guild Make more comfort quilts 5) Increase my quilting business Quilting at Mistletoe Hollow 6) Possible start on Esty account to sell quilt items It is going to be a New and Exciting Year. It is like The Quilt Show saying "It Is A New Day Every Day"

2 comments:

  1. You've got an exciting year planned!!! FUN!! Wish I could attend something, hopefully a quilt show at the end of this month at the Oregon Garden?
    Our time off from work has been put on hold until further notice, too many things going on there :-( Oh well!! Only 4 yrs, 10 months and 4 days to retirement, but who's counting!!! Take care and looking forward to seeing your quilts and your projects from the coast retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing back. I love your quilts. It would be nice to get together this year. Maybe to Northwest Quilt Expo or Quilt Sew Knit.

      Delete