Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Monday, October 22, 2012

MQX West

Last week I attended the Machine Quilting Expo(MQX)from Wed to Sat in Portland. I stayed at the Red Lion Inn near the convention center. That was great to be close to the convention center so after class you could go back to your room. I was able find a roommate from MQX. Cindy was a great roommate. She is from Alpine, Utah and has a longarm business. I have a new quilt friend plus she has family in Oregon too. I took several classes on how to start a quilting business and computerized quilting. I was disappointed that Wenda Coburn had to cancel her classes due to low enrollment. I took several classes from her in Tacoma(Innovations)several years ago on short arm. She has a mid arm with Quilt Motion which she was going to teach classes on it at MQX. I took 2 classes from Sally Terry about websites and starting a business. She was super and full of energy. MQX has classes plus a Quilt Show/Vendors. The quilts were fabulous. I will post a few pictures of Quilt Show. I really enjoyed going to MQX and my new friend Cindy. I got alot of great ideas for the business. This week I'm working on my quilting machine with a plain piece of cloth for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment