Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Barn Quilt

I have always wanted a Barn Quilt to place on our RV Shed or Shop. It is very popular to place the Barn Quilts on barns in the Midwest(Iowa) and East. We have several in Tillamook, OR on their dairy farms. I finished making my Barn Quilt with plywood, paint and a quilt design. I found a design in a book with traditional blocks from the 18th century and liked the Star Shadow. It was popular in 1860-1880. I liked using 2 colors for it. Wayne placed on the side of the RV shed that has 2 brown stars which are for good luck last week. I will take a picture of it soon. I have a few pictures of it after I finisned it. It was alot of fun painting it and may do another
soon. Here are pictures of Star Shadow Barn Quilt

1 comment:

  1. Love your barn quilt!!! I may have to do the same on my husbands shop :^)

    ReplyDelete