Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Monday, August 20, 2012

Hilde Morin

I went to a 2 days quilt class with Hilde Morin at the Sitka Arts and Ecology Center near Lincoln City. The class was called Curves and More. We learned how to cut fabric with curves and then how to sew the curves. She makes beautiful wall hangings. The class had 10 students. The class was from 10-4 with an hour lunch. The Sitka Center is near Cascade Head which is beautiful. Great place for a workshop. Everyone progressed at their own speed which my was slow. I got home and worked on it and finished it on Friday. I did mine differently then hers by not squaring it up and liked the folds in it. We maded "lace" which I placed some on my quilt. You use water soluble stabilzer place cut up pieces of fabric(not to small), thread, yarn etc on sticky side and then place a plastic cover over it. You sew a tight grid over it and then wash it out and dry it. I have pictures of the class and her quilt art.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun class. I would love to learn the technique!!

    ReplyDelete