Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sew Oregon Shop Hop/Taste of Home Cooking School/ Machine Quilting Expo

This has been a very fun week which started last Friday Oct 7. I started the Sew Oregon Shop Hop which runs thru Oct 22. I did the central district of a total of 16 quilt stores. The Grand Prize is a Quilting criuse to Alaska in August 2012. The quilt stores were in Salem, Eugene, Corvallis area and the coast with Newport, Waldport and Florence. Each shop had a quilt block from the fabric called Autumn Splendor by P&B textiles. I haven't done a Shop Hop in awhile but it is alot of time and driving. They have district prizes and drawing at several quilt stores. I worked the weekend and then off the week from Oct 10-16. I went to the Taste of Home Cooking School in Wilsonville on Monday night. It was alot of fun with great recipes and door prizes(I didn't win anything.)
Wednesday and Thursday, I went to the Machine Quilting Expo at the Convention Center in Portland. This was the 1st MQX on the West Coast. I took 3 classes with Kim Brunner. I had 2 classes on Wed from 8-10 Rulers/templates and 11-1 What I know now about quilting. I went to Bridgeport shopping at Crate and Barrel and Sur La Table. I had late lunch at Fuddruckers and then stayed overnight at the Super 8 in Wilsonville. I had to get up early on Wed to get to the class at 8:00 and didn't wat to have to do that on Thursday. Thursday class was from 11-1 which was about quilting panos and free motion. I went to the Quilt show/vendors at 10 and 1 and then headed home at 2:00. I did get several rulers that I can use on my short arm machine. I will post some pictures of the Quilt Show. I really enjoyed the classes with Kim and the Quilt show/vendors. Next is Houston on Nov 1. Happy Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment