Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Monday, August 15, 2011

Northwest Quilting Expo

I have been working on my coneflower doing the thread play on it for the last several weeks. I'm almost done with the flowers so I can quilt the background. It looks great but is time consuming. I need to start another project but want to finish the quilt and bind it.
I decided not to enter a quilt in the state fair this year. I decided to enter my Old Hawaii quilt in the 11th Annual Northwest Quilting Expo in Portland on Sept 22-24. The judges in the past have been at our guild quilt show. There are 2 new judges this year. I enter in the small quilt category to be judged. I sent a picture of my quilt and got my acceptance letter on Saturday. There are about 450-500 quilts at the show so this will be the biggest show I have entered a quilt. There is prize money in each category(1st-$500,2nd-$250 and 3rd-$150. I'm very excited to have a quilt in the show. I have to take the quilt up to Portland by August 31( 2 quilt shops will take them). The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego is the one I will go to this Saturday. It is a great shop and will go to the farmers market there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment