Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Northwest Quilt Expo/Wallowa State Park

I went to the Northwest Quilt Expo in Portland on Sept 25. I really enjoyed the show and the featured artist was Jean Wells. I got to the show early so was able to see all the quilts before it got crowded. There were 250-300 quilts with alot of great vendors. I got 2 patterns designed by June Jaeger called Quail Family and The Pictorial Northwest. She is the sister of Jean Wells. Superior Threads was there so got several spools of thread.
The next day we headed over to the far Northeast corner of the state to go camping at Wallowa State Park/Wallowa Lake/Josesph. It is a beautiful area of Oregon that we have never seen but heard alot about it. We went to 3 different quilt shops which were Pendleton QuiltWorks, Becky's Fabric in Lewiston,ID and Cattle Country Quilts in Joseph,OR which was my favorite. It was a cute shop with alot more fabric/patterns then the other 2 stores. I got a pattern that I have been looking for ages called Bali Sunrise and 2 fabrics on sale. Joseph is a cute town with alot of shops, resturants and beautiful bronze statues on main street. We had a great time camping and seeing this beautiful area called the "Switerland of Oregon". I love the barns in this area which are featured in several Country/Country Extra magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment