Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

We had a great time in Sisters, OR for the Outdoor Quilt Show on July 10. Wed, we arrived at our campsite at the KOA Sisters/Bend. The KOA was great and had a nice site with several trees and great view of the lake and forest area around it. We had my high school friend Julie and her husband Doug come over from Bend for a reunion picnic at our campsite. I made chicken waldorf salad, crossiants, homemade potato salad, chips and Mai Tai's. Julie had a dip with chips and choc chip cookies. It was a fun evening. Julie was going to my 40th high school reunion the next day in Bellevue, Nebraska. Thurs, I had a design quilt class from 8:30-3:30 which was excellent. The teacher was Sally Frey from Fontura, CA. We had 22 quilters from OR, WA, CA and AK. It was great to see what everyone designed from their border materical. We had a huge room to work in which was great. The class was called Old Hawaii but everyone didn't have tropical prints. Thurs night, we went to the Ricky Tims concert from 7:00-9:00. They had show and tell which was neat. Ricky is a quilter and pianoist. He was excellent and tells great stories. He showed several of his quilts. Friday, we took a drive south of Bend and over to Mt Bachelor. We had dinner at the Three Creek brewery in Sisters. Saturday, I was a hostess for the quilt show from 9:15-11:30. I meet a quilter from Kalispell, MT that was a hostess with me. We keep a eye on the quilts in our area. We had a picnic lunch in the park and then I went looking at all the quilts. I founded my quilt near the area I was a hostess. Wayne walked over to see my quilt and took pictures. It was HOT but not as HOT as in the past shows. We were at the show from 8:00-3:00. The KOA had a BBQ for all the campers with a whole roasted pig, hamburgers, hot dog, fresh fruit, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, and fresh pies for $10.00. It was around the lake and had live music. The food was great and was alot of fun. Sunday, we headed home after picking up my quilt. We got home at 1:10. I will post a few pictures of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment