Vintage Trailer Quilt

Vintage Trailer Quilt

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy/Sad Year 2010

It is hard to believe that another year is ending and new one begining in a few days. It has been a up and down past year. It was very hard to see our golden retriever Mandy get sick(?brain tumor from the end of Jan to end of April) after having her for almost 10 years. We miss her so much and it was the first time without a dog in 25 years. Our new golden retriever Maddie is growing fast and still in the puppy stage. She is alot of fun and has 2 speeds FAST and OH MY GOSH speed. My job has been a challenge this year. The 2 year plan is to retire from part time to per diem. I'm so glad I had my left hip replaced in August. I'm the bionic woman with 2 new hips. I didn't keep up with my walking 2 miles 4 days a week due to hip pain.
We enjoyed going camping all over the state this year. We had a great time in Kauai in March to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
I'm so glad I have the love for quilting. It is so much fun to look and feel fabric and make a quilt from it. It is so relaxing to sew and quilt in my 2 studios. I really enjoyed going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in July. I took a great class called Old Hawaii and finished a quilt that I plan to enter in our Mid Valley Quilt Guild Quilt Show in April. I had a quilt in the show and was a host too.
So as I say goodbye to 2010 I'm looking forward to 2011. I'm thankful my health, my wonderful husband, friends and family. Pray for peace and love around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment